**** Updated 30-03-2020****
BSVH would like to let you know that we continue to be open during the current Coronavirus epidemic. We are being dynamic and monitoring the situation moment by moment each day and will update our protocols as necessary.
With so many questions surrounding the current pandemic due to Coronavirus we thought we would highlight the main facts relevant to you and your pets based on current advice from the British Veterinary Association.
To ensure the safety of all visitors to the clinic and our own team at BSVH we are introducing some precautionary measures:
– Thankfully we are used to strict hygiene protocols and disinfection is part of our daily routine so please rest assured that we will continue to implement strict rules behind the scenes to keep everyone as safe as we can.
– Clients who are self isolating or have any signs such as a cough and fever should stay at home and call for advice on their animals, we are happy to provide as much phone advice as we can in light of the situation
– If you have had a fever or cough, please inform reception if you are booking an appointment, we want to protect our staff so we can continue to provide excellent veterinary care over the next few weeks/months
– Please telephone us on arrival and stay in your car. Please let us know what mobile phone number the vet can call you on when we are ready to start your consultation.
– We are currently asking clients not to come into the clinic building itself. The vets will discuss your pets case over the phone and then come and collect your pet from the car, to bring them into the surgery where an examination can be performed . The vet will then cal you again to discuss the results of the examination and agre a treatment plan.
– Please let us know if you are immunocompromised or considered to be in one of the high risk groups so we can help protect you.. We are happy to help in any way we can.
– When you arrive at the surgery, please call us from your car, let us know you are at the practice and which mobile phone number we can call you on. Please wait in the car until the vet calls you and invites you into the consulting room.
- We will be accepting card payments over the phone only. Please do not try to pay in cash.
As always, we have amazing staff behind the scenes and we are always happy to give advice and help as much as we can, give us a call if you have concerns before you come to us, or we come to you.
We appreciates your understanding during this time.
Your BSVH team
Information regarding our Royal College Guidelines during this crisis can be found here